Habitat for Humanity builds decent and affordable houses for families in need. We work with professional builders, contractors, volunteers and Future Homeowners (beneficiaries) to build Energy Star rated homes. We build homes throughout Wood County:
- From Northwood and Rossford down to North Baltimore, and
- From Grand Rapids clear across to Bradner.
We aim to meet the needs of families throughout Wood County and welcome your support to help us build quality, affordable homes.
Please consider supporting Habitat of Wood County by volunteering, making a gift, or donating materials.
Move Your Family to a Better, Safer Home.
Partner Family & Sweat Equity
Partner Families (one or more persons living in the same household) must contribute sweat equity (volunteer hours spent helping with the construction of their home).
- Single adults must complete 250 hours.
- Families with two adults must complete 500 hours.
Partner Families must complete a homeowner education program and a financial management course. Training hours count towards sweat equity requirement.
Habitat homes generally follow an open plan with combined dining/kitchen space. When possible, Habitat works with partner families to offer choices for carpet colors, vinyl, countertop, siding, and shingle colors.
- Whirlpool refrigerator and stove provided. Washer and dryer are not included.
- Central AC, Energy Start Furnace and Water Heater
- 1.5 bathrooms8x10 shed
- 1180 square feet: 3 bedrooms
- 1280 square feet: 4 bedrooms
- Bedroom size is approximately 100 square feet.
Habitat builds on crawl spaces and does not construct basements.
Landscaping included per a standard list of plantings available from the Building Committee.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, gender, disability, familial status, or national origin.
Submitting a Pre-Application
1. Click here to obtain Pre-Application.
2. Return your pre-application to:
Habitat for Humanity of Wood County
PO Box 235
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
For questions or more information call 419.353.5430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org